TRANSITIONS CALVES FROM COLOSTRUM TO MILK REPLACER OR WHOLEMILK. USED IN PERIODS OF UNDUE STRESS.
1. TRANSGUARD is formulated to protect or guard the calf during the transition period from colostrum feeding to milk replacer or whole milk.
2. It contains a combination of high quality ingredients including Bovine Colostrum, Prebiotics and Probiotics which combine to protect the calf after the initial colostrum feeding period for the following 10 day period.
3. The inclusion of bovine colostrum increases the presence of immunoglobulins (Iggs) during the recommended feeding period.
4. The combination of prebiotics and probiotics promote beneficial bacterial growth in the abomasum. The symbiotic action binds and expels any harmful bacteria or pathogens present.
5. It reduces the incidence of digestive scours and minimises the growth of harmful bacteria including E-coli, Clostridia and Salmonella.
6. TRANSGUARD can be mixed easily in calf milk replacer and whole milk. It can also be mixed in water and given to calves separately from the calves feed if required.
7. Introduce for a 10 day period at 10g per calf per day. A 20g scoop is included for accurate measurement.
8. Ideal to introduce to calves in dairy or suckler farms from 2 days of age. For bought in calves the recommended rate of 10g per calf per day for 10 days from arrival is advised.
9. TRANSGUARD can be introduced during times of stress to a calf, change of diet or environment. It can be fed in conjunction with electrolytes during the recovery phase of scour issues. It will maintain an Igg level in the abomasum to protect the villi from further damage.
10. Shelf Life: 18 months from date of manufacture.
11. Available in 1kg re-sealable pouches.
To download TRANSGUARD product information, Click Here